Humphrey's Virtual Lantern Walk
Until 14th November 2020
This autumn, we're asking you to join in the fun by choosing your own route, distance and date!
All registered children taking part will receive a twinkling light, lantern and other goodies. We would love participating walkers to try and raise a minimum of £35 sponsorship for their challenge - walkers who do so will receive a very special Lantern Walk 2020 medal! This will help us to fund important projects in support of poorly young patients here at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
Choose your own route, date and distance (we recommend a minimum of 2km if possible) and then decide if you’d like to finish at twilight and light up your lanterns!
- Medals will be sent via post upon fundraisers reaching their sponsorship target.
- To be eligible for the prize draw to win a visit at your walk from Humphrey, a registration must be received by 10am on Monday 19th October.
- Prizes will be drawn at random.
- Only walks taking place within a 1 hour drive of Manchester will be eligible to win.
- Only one visit per day can take place. In the event that 2 or more of the prize winners’ walks are on the same day, the winners will be redrawn.
- As Humphrey does not have his own wellingtons, in the event of bad weather on the day he may not be able to attend and may have to video call instead.
- If a prize winner decides to move the date of their walk after the drawn has taken place, Humphrey will try his very best to get to the rearranged date but can’t guarantee this.
- Humphrey’s visit will take place at the start of the prize winners’ walk; if this location is not easily accessible for a big green bear, an alternative location will be mutually agreed.
- Humphrey and his helper(s) will need to adhere to the prevailing Covid-19 government guidance on the day.