We’re looking for community champion volunteers from across the region to join our team.
You can help us to make a difference by placing collection tins in your local community, from bakeries and hairdressers to newsagents and butchers and anywhere that people will have spare change on them! Volunteer community champions help to provide direct links with local communities and help to raise awareness of the work of Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity and how small change can make a big difference.
What does the community champion role involved
The community champions are responsible for placing, monitoring and managing collections tins in their community.
You will build up relationships and approach venues and shops asking them to have our collection tin. You will be responsible for regularly emptying and replacing the tins. You will bank and accurately record collection tin details and help us to thank venues for their support.
To be a community champion you will need
- Passion and enthusiasm for supporting and the work of Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity
- Good knowledge of your local community – shops, libraries, leisure centres etc
- Personal characterises – friendly and approachable, self motivated, reliable and trustworthy
- IT Skills – email, word and excel and access to a PC/laptop/tablet. Access to a printer would help as well.
- Confidence to approach shop owners/venues, persuasion/influencing skills, building and maintaining relationships.
How much time will I need to commit?
It is up to you! The community champion volunteer role offers great flexibility as it can fit around your other commitments. We expect that this role would only take a few hours each month.
Support you will receive
As a volunteer community champion you will receive lots of support from the Community Fundraising team including:
- Full induction
- Offer of ongoing training and network sessions with other Community Champions
- Volunteers can claim previously agreed travel expenses.
- Support from a named member of the Community Fundraising Team
- Information on RMCH Charity events and campaigns.
- You will be provided with materials – a supply of collection tins, seals for tins, receipt book, spread sheet template and volunteer identification.
- Plus an annual invite to our Chairman’s thank you event
To register your interest in becoming a Charity Community Champion please complete our online registration form