Donating Toys and Games
The best gift you can give to Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital is a donation.
We rely on charitable support to enhance the services we provide and the care that we give to over 270,000 young patients who use our hospital every year. We do this by supporting projects which:
- Provide state-of-the-art equipment for diagnosis and treatment
- Support research projects to improve our understanding of childhood illnesses and how best to treat them
- Help to create an environment that’s more friendly and welcoming to our young patients and their families, at what can be a difficult and distressing time.
Rather than donating toys, a donation will be used by the Charity to support projects where the need is greatest, making a real and lasting difference to children cared for by our hospital both now and in the future.
If you wish to make a donation to a specific ward, department, or project you can do so by specifying this when you make your donation.
If you do wish to donate gifts however, please bring them along to the charity office which is located in the atrium of the hospital (address at the bottom of the page). Donations of toys and games will be passed to the hospital Play Team. Gifts that cannot be used by our patients may be used by the charity team in order to raise funds for the hospital.
Suitable gifts for our patients:
Baby toys suitable for children under 12 months
Toddler toys suitable for children aged between 12 – 36 months
Toys suitable for children aged 3 – 12 years
Games, books and activity sets for children aged 3 – 11 years
Games, books, activity sets, toiletry sets and gift vouchers suitable for young people aged 12+
Guidelines for donations of toys and gifts:
- Please note that for infection control reasons we cannot accept any pre loved or used items including toys, books, magazines, clothing and shoes.
- We ask that all items you wish to donate are in their original packaging. Where applicable we also ask that these items display the CE safety mark and still have tags on.
- If you plan to donate chocolate or confectionary, all packaging or wrapping must be fully intact and the ingredients should be clearly visible on the packet as we have to be careful with allergies.
- We cannot accept any food items that have been home made.
- Please do not wrap the gifts. This will enable our hospital Play team to match your gift to an appropriate patient.
- Please always contact the charity team before you bring your donation to the hospital. That way we can ensure that someone is on hand to meet and thank you for your gifts. You can contact the charity team by calling 0161 276 4522 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send/bring your gifts to:
Charity Office (ground floor, main atrium)
Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital